Pistachio filled Nankhatai
Goodness of probiotic atta with earthy taste of besan, the nankhatai are melt in mouth with chewy pista honey centred.
Preparation time : 10 mins
Baking time :50 mins includes preheating time
Makes : 30 lemon sized bisciuits
Difficulty : Easy
Ingredients for biscuit:
1 ½ cup Jiwa Probiotic atta
½ cup besan
½ cup rava or suji
1 cup ghee
1 cup fine sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup cold water or chilled milk
1 tbsp elaichi powder
Pista slivers for garnish
¾ cup pista powder
¼ cup everyday whitener
1.5 tbsp honey
Few drops milk
- Mix pista powder, dairy whitener and honey.
- If required add milk to bind. Divide pista dough into 30 equal balls.
- Preheat oven at 175 c or if using fan at 160 c for 10 mins.
- Seive together atta, besan, rava, elaichi powder and baking powder.
- In another bowl cream sugar and ghee till fluffy. It will take 5 mins with the help of beater.
- Fold in the dry mix. Use cut and fold method to fold the mixture with spatula.
- Add milk slowly to form hard pliable dough.
- Divide the dough into 30 equal lemon sized balls.
- Make indent in one ball place pista dough and seal the dough.
- Roll into smooth ball and roll top in pista slivers.
- Place biscuit 1” apart on baking tray lined with parchment or silicon baking paper.
- Place tray in middle rack and bake for 15 mins.
- You will know that it is baked when they turn golden.
- Let them cool in tray for 5 mins.
- Transfer to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container for 10 days and month in fridge.
- Can use any atta instead of Jiwa probiotic
- Filling is optional
- Can change the flavours by adding gulkand or thandai mix.